2. I have yet to figure out #3's fascination with the vacuum cleaner.
3. I do not think the bees are going to make it this year. I know I say that every year but this year really looks bleak. I wonder what all of the girls are doing in there?
4. The passing of John Updike last week was a sad day. Nice reflection on the clarity and power of the sentences he created found here in the Times yesterday.
5. Chicken and dumplings for dinner this evening - the VOR's speciality. By the way, the VOR picked up her glasses today. I told her she had a Sarah Palin thing working with them on, she did not find it funny at all.
6. Although I ultimately believe that love will win at the end of time I do believe irony has a large role in the present world. Today I saw grass for the first time in three weeks! Tomorrow, four inches of snow!
7. Normally whenever I suggest a kitchen gadget the VOR suspiciously looks at me. Imagine therefore the look I received when I brought home a "fat separator." Reader, know though that the VOR loves it.