06 February 2009

Necessity is the Mother of Invention...

As a pastor I spend a good chunk of my time with elderly or seasoned members of the congregation.  (I like being around elderly people because it is like being around my grandmother.)  I am amazed that more inventors do not spend time in nursing home and in-care facilities.  I bet they could vastly improve the quality of life for millions of Americans and make a bundle at the same time.  A few years ago during a bible study I noticed several elderly folk fiddling with their cell phones.  The problem was they could neither see the numbers to dial nor could they read the number of the incoming call.  

I thought someone should invent a simple large button phone.  Although everyone present agreed it would be a great idea I never pursued this idea.  

Over the weekend the VOR and I ordered new cell phones.  (Although we both drooled over iphones we decided not to purchase them at this time.  Instead, we went for the free upgrade phones.  Yesterday our phones came.  Apparently someone had invented the large button simple phone and apparently I ordered it!
writing exercise done, time to type my sermon: Three Little Words (I prefer the Branford Marsalis version from the Trio Jeepy album

No comments: