29 June 2006

Friendship

Since my father's diagnosis and treatments I realized the importance of friendship. I cant imagine my father going through his ordeal without the gang from the hardware; they call all the time, they mow the grass, volunteered to drive dad to treatments and even helped me out finacially!

This Sunday the OT lectionary text comes from 2 Samuel, the story when David learns of Jonathan's death. Many have said that David and Jonathan had a relation more than just friends, maybe they did - maybe they didnt, I have no idea. My hunch is that they didnt. I have known a friendship like they did. But I could be wrong.

A classmate at BTSR, Nathan Solomon, now a doctoral student at Union-PSCE in Richmond, VA, wrote this reflection of his time as a Navy Chaplain in Iraq. Check it out, he brings a great angle.

No comments: