15 January 2006

Order of Service Calming

hard to believe but something as little as changing the order of service would reduce my stress during worship. I streamlined the service a little bit and for some odd reason it calmed me. I have decided to keep the order of service the same for at least the next few months, perhaps even the year. It has taken about five years of tinkering and overhauling to get so I and the congregation are comfortable.

BTW the sermon from this morning is on the lrbc blog.

Prelude
Greeting
Opening Hymn
Sentences from Scripture
Invocation
Confessions of Sins
Prayer for Pardon
The Kyrie
Words of Assurance
Song of Praise
Old Testament
Psalter
New Testament
Anthem
Gospel
Sermon
Hymn
Prayers of the People
The Lord's Prayer
The Peace
Announcements
Offertory
Doxology
Prayer of Dedication
Hymn
Benediction
Postlude

I hope to have the service right at or a little over an hour. I feel good about this service and its flow. We'll see. I am sticking with the same for awhile in an attempt to find some sanity.

The familiar paradox known in all monastic life and a reflection on basic human experience, that only if one is rooted at home in one's own self, in the place in which one finds oneself, is one able to move forward, to open up new boundaries, both exterior and interior, in other words, to embark on a life of continual and never-ending conversion, transfromation.
from the introduction of The Celtic Way of Prayer: The Recovery of the Religious Imagination. by Esther de Waal

No comments: