10 May 2007

Out of Control

Apparently, last week, I was on a bacon high. This week when the wife went to the grocery store she bought a 1 and a 1/2 lbs of bacon. I think my world is a little disoriented when the bacon amounts to at least 15-20% of our weekly grocery bill.

Speaking of out of control, yesterday I paid a visit to the New England Mobile Book Fair on my way to the ANTS library. I had heard of the place from advertising, no thats right it npr they call it underwriting. At first I thought it was some kind of school age kids book shop for teachers and such. Nope. As soon as I walked through the doors I knew I was in book heaven. I was grabbing books left and right like I was on some kind of Price is Right one minute shopping spree. After the initial rush wore off I settled on just a few. Books pack every nook and cranny of the building, all books are 20% off while remainders are slashed to about $4.00. The books are organized by publisher, then by title - a little odd but it worked just fine for me.
Here is a map of the place, amazing:

1 comment:

LadyBurg said...

Like a candy store for a book junkie!