26 October 2006

Mmmmmm Graham Cracker Cake

On Monday I turned the opposite of that particular date. The wife asked what I would like. One thing: A Graham Cracker Cake. My grandma used to make a graham cracker pie, but i have yet to retrieve the recipe. One day while reading the WV Gazette I found a recipe for a GCC, I thought I bet that is good. It is, lemme tell ya.
It has the texture of a good corn muffin, little bit more moist though. The whipped cream frosting doesnt sit well outside the refrig. I thought while finishing a piece the other day after lunch, what about a layer of ganache between the layers, hmmm. I think it would make a welcomed addition. Today for lunch I had a piece with some chocolate chips on the side, not too shabby.

here is the recipe:


12 full size graham crakers, crushed (1.75 cups)
.5 cups of flour
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mil


Frosting
2.5 cups of chilled whipping cream
1/3 cups of confectioners' sugar, crushed graham crackers


preheat oven to 350
-combine first three ingred. in separate bowl
-cream butter and sugar in bowl.
add eggs one @ a time, mix in vanilla. beat in flour mixture.
-pour into two greased and floured 8 inch pans
-bake 25 minutes.
-cool in pans for 15 mins.
-remove to wire racks for cooling.

frosting
-beat cream
-add conf. sugar
-till soft peaks


place one layer of cake
spread some cream on top
then add second layer
frost with cream all over
add crushed g.c. to the top and serve.

upon finishing be sure to stick in the frig.

No comments: