I am taking a break from the fictive portion of my fictive sabbatical for Lent by adding several non-fiction works. I am listing my books only because it will keep me from wandering to other books. And if you see me ask me how I like one of them...
1. Zen Spirit, Christian Spirit by Robert E. Kennedy
2. Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh
3. Without Buddha I Could Not Be a Christian by Paul F. Knitter
4. Finding Our Fathers: How a Man's Life Is Shaped by His Relationship with His Father by Samuel Osherson
5. Everyday Miracles: Stories from Life by F. Forrester Church
6. Prisons by Mary Lee Settle
7. Hawksmoor by Peter Ackroyd (maybe)
The first three are for spiritual direction in my own personal life and my practice as a pastor. I am pursuing my own interest and renewal in Christian meditation. The fourth is part of a reading list for personal understanding and professional understanding. The fifth is a book of essays in a manner that I envision writing. The sixth and seventh are fiction works that I enjoy. Settle is such an excellent writer!