18 January 2007

Thursday Tidbits

1. The No Kneading Bread continues to change my life and my waistline. I don't care it is amazing. Just take a look at this:

2. While shopping at Dave's Marketplace the other day something from the bacon section jumped out at me, not that it takes much to get my attention from the pork section, bacon with the word West Virginia on it. I thought I never knew there was a WV Brand of Bacon. So I picked it up with great enthusiasm But upon reading I found out that it was packaged in Cincinnati, OH and made in Mississippi. Just a blatant use of my great state to sell bacon. Shame on you Sara Lee.

3. How come when you watch the 6 o'clock news they tease you with the weather. First they tell you what the current temp is then they say stay tuned for the full forecast. Then while you watch the morning news every thirty seconds they blast the weather?

4. Last week Jesus was baptized, a baptism proclaimed by John for repentance and forgiveness of sins. What did God in Jesus Christ do wrong that he needed to repent or forgiveness? I have thought that perhaps when Jesus waded into the Jordan he was saying he was sorry. Repenting for past sins. I wonder if God was still relenting destroying creation at the flood, relenting the Exile (was the punishment too hard), relenting that people thought the Messiah would be a warrior figure. Just conjectures I found while going through the sermonic process.

5. Congratulations to a friend of mine, Rev. Richard S. Rose, he has been called as the new pastor of the First Baptist Church of Ithaca, NY. Blessings on your new ministry.

No comments: