This is a post for my own referencing.
1. Preaching from Memory to Hope / by Thomas G. Long.
2. The Taste of Death / by PD James.
3. Service of All the Dead / by Colin Dexter.
4. A Young Person's Guide to New Orleans Houses / by Lloyd Vogt.
5. Arthur Hardy's Mardi Gras Guide 34th Annual Edition 2010 / by Arthur Hardy (magazine I know but it was too good and helpful not to include).
6. Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America by John M. Barry.
7. Song for My Fathers: A New Orleans Story in Black and White by Tommy Sancton.