22 September 2010

The Benefits of a No-Trade Clause

On Tuesday my new cassock arrived from Bristol, England. I had to order a new one because my old one was well...too cheap. It adhered to my clergy shirts, it did not fit right, it formed a minor oven when worn, and held odors! (none of which are conducive for proper clergy-parishioner relationships).

So I ordered a new one of higher quality material, custom fit, and silky smooth sleeves. I tried it on yesterday and felt the wonder of it all. Wow what a fit and what feel. I think my slugging percentage may rise at least 5 % points with this new cassock. More than likely I will not premier this new clerical fashion until next Sunday - I dont care what type of material it is made out of, it is still 90+ degrees and humid like crazy outside. Perhaps one more week...

Now, to the title of this blog. The last time I ordered something from Wippell it was delivered on a Sunday afternoon! This time it was delivered on a Monday but the packaging slip caught me off guard. I can only surmise Wippell thought nothing as cool as their garmet could ever be delivered to a Baptist church, thus the address:
Despite my Anglican overtures I am in love with the Baptist fold, family, and faith. Despite their best attempts I have invoked my no-trade clause. I know they could use some help down the stretch as they prepare for the race at Advent but I am sticking with my tradition.

3 comments:

Carol said...

ha! they couldn't imagine that a baptist would order such a garment!

Tripp Hudgins said...

Okay. So, Whipple. On it. Ha! That's a great thing.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the fold brother. If Wippell says you are an Episcopalian, then you are an Episcopalian.