06 January 2007

Saturdays

This morning while I pulled into the driveway I passed my 50 year old neighbor, he was jogging, I was coming back from getting donuts.

This evening I made my winter-time favorite: Beer Brownies. The recipe came from the Providence Journal a couple of years ago, they got it from New Irish Table, but I changed it a little.


4 eggs
3/4 cup superfine sugar (we use florida crystals, natural sugar - unbleached)
12 oz. of bittersweet chocolate
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3/4 a.p. flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 and 1/4 cups of Brooklyn Brewer's Black Chocolate Stout

{the original called for 8 oz. of bittersweet and 4 oz. of white chocolate and Guiness} but I like dark chocolate and chocolate beer, come on.

melt the choc. and butter.
heat oven to 375
whisk eggs and sugar. add melted (cooled) chocolate and combine well.
stir flour and cocoa and incorporate into mixture.
whisk in D.C.S.

instead of parchament paper take a tablespoon of melted butter and a tablespoon of cocoa and mix them then paint them onto the pan (so they wont stick).

bake for 25 minutes, stick a toothpick till it is nearly clean.

Enjoy

No comments: